December 14, 2012

[Colour Inventions] Green Evolution

Since my holiday is started three days ago, I decide to do something exciting to welcome the holidays! Julep is having 12 days deals now, I feel that it's really hard for me to hold back... I own so many nail polishes already!  In order to forget the Julep sales, I dig into my stash and found this Sally Hansen extreme wears from ancient time. I remember that a girl gave me this set in a swapping as free....

They don't look too bad in the bottles, but when I swatch the colors, I totally get it why the girl was willing to give to me as free extras.


Yes, I kinda like the blue and silver ones. Rest of colors are just ...well, the picture tells the story! I guess it's time for me do some new nail polishes. I am sure that I won't regret to make them a little bit more attractive!


I dumped 1/2 of the green bottle (I hate the most!) and add 1/4 from each of the nail polishes.




This is what I got:
It's much better than the previous boring bottle!






It's quite sparkly ! and contains different sparkles!



I decide to name this color Green Evolution !
In case you don't know what does that mean as me,  the wiki definition as follows:

Green Revolution refers to a series of research, development, and technology transfer initiatives, occurring between the 1940s and the late 1970s, that increased agriculture production around the world, beginning most markedly in the late 1960s. It forms a part of the 'neo-colonial' system of agriculture wherein agriculture was viewed more of a commercial sector than a subsistence one.

( I like to name my invented colors and some of my manicures after some academic studies and anthropology specifically!  In this way, I can learn something new while doing nails as well)


Bottle line, inventing colors save $$$$$!  I love this color for sure!



2 comments:

  1. I love the colour you made :) pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's a lovely shade. It never occurred to me that you could make new nail polish colours that way.

    ReplyDelete